Monday, January 5, 2009

Why you?

Many of you may think "Who the heck are you to do this blog?" Well, firstly many teenagers and young adults see religion as fantasy, nothing different from Lord of the Rings or World of War Craft. In fact, religion is a great source of love, understanding and direction.



I have studied many different branches of Christianity from Roman Catholicism and Anglicanism to "Mormonism" and Pentecostalism and though I hold no certification in the studies of religion I feel that I can discuss the topic adequately . I've studied many non Christian faiths too such as Islam, Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Neo-Paganism and countless small religions that if I posted the name of you would just get confused! I love knowing the doctrine of even the smallest, seemingly weird religions


I have had first hand experiences with the Roman Catholic Church, the Anglican Communion, Jehovah's Witnesses, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Pentecostals, Baptists, Elim Pentacostalism, Islam and Judaism.

Other than Christianity, Zoroastrianism is my favourite faith to study. It doesn't suggest an almighty God but one who we work with to suppress evil. Islam is also interesting and I have read the Qur'an and many parts of several hadiths. I've also read "Mormon" scripture, the catechism of the Roman Catholic Church and many other religious articles.


I hope to discuss without biased towards one group or another, why faiths believe what they do and how they support it scripturally. I will also post on my own personal opinions regarding many topics. I hope that no group, religion, faith, church or individual is ever offended by what I say on this blog and that I always show the love of Christ in what I say.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Atheist would also have a biased view as even would agnostics. There is not such thing as a completely unbiased view of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No such thing as complete objectivity. Anyone who claims otherwise is deluded.

    ReplyDelete